Orion Minerals is a globally diversified metal explorer and developer which is on track to become a new generation base metals producer through the development of its flagship Prieska Copper-Zinc Project in South Africa’s Areachap geological terrane, Northern Cape.
The highly prospective Areachap Terrane provides Orion with world-class exploration pipeline with its characteristic Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide (VMS) that contain copper-zinc and intrusive nickel-copper-cobalt-PGE (Platinum Group Elements) mineralisation but there has been virtually no exploration in the region for the past 20 to 30 years.
In Australia, Orion has an exploration joint venture with Independence Group (ASX: IGO) in the world-class Fraser Range Province.
Why Invest in Orion Minerals?
- Internationally diversified base metals explorer/developer
- Globally significant VMS Resource: 30.49Mt at 1.2% Cu, 3.7% Zn
- Initial 10-year, 2.4Mtpa mining operation targeting 20-24ktpa Cu, 70-80ktpa Zn
- Globally competitive costs, strong margins and financials
- Bankable Feasibility Study completed Q2 2019 (view announcement) with a final investment decision in H2 2019
- Project approvals nearing completion, with Environmental Authorisation granted
- Landmark black economic empowerment agreement completed
- Well-placed to access Australian and South African capital markets
- Exceptional exploration and growth pipeline
Stock Exchange Listings
The Company’s primary listing is on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: ORN) and a secondary listing on the main board of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE: ORN).
Orion’s strategy is to:
- Focus on exploring and developing globally significant multi-commodity base metals deposits located in outstanding mineral belts and Tier-1 mining districts such as the Areachap Province of South Africa and the Fraser Range Province of Australia.
- Target projects capable of meeting growing demand for key industrial metals – such as copper, zinc and nickel – which have strong market fundamentals because of declining global resource inventories, falling grades at major mines and lack of investment in new mines.
- Concentrate on fast-tracking the development of the Prieska Copper-Zinc Project, where a positive Bankable Feasibility Study was completed in Q2 2019 (view announcement).
- Further evaluate recently discovered near-mine targets, including immediate extensions of the Deep Sulphide Resource at Prieska (28.73Mt at 1.2% Cu and 3.8% Zn and near-mine targets (such as the recent Ayoba discovery) to extend the mine life at Prieska.
- Continue exploration of the Areachap Belt, using advanced geological and geophysical techniques to discover further clusters of VMS deposits, thereby creating a sustainable growth pipeline.