Orion Minerals was awarded the Emerging ESG Leader Award at the 2020 AAMEG Africa Awards (AAMEG – The Australia-Africa Minerals & Energy Group) in recognition of its innovative and pioneering environmental, social and governance (ESG) work at the Prieska Copper-Zinc Project in South Africa’s Northern Cape Province.
The Emerging ESG Leader Award recognises companies that have a visionary approach to ESG which delivers long-term benefits for communities.
The Emerging ESG Leader Award acknowledges Orion’s exemplary work as a junior mining company in developing innovative ESG strategies, forging meaningful relationships with its host communities and, importantly, making a significant contribution to the socio-economic development of South Africa’s Northern Cape Province.
Read AAMEG Africa Awards Announcement here
Orion Minerals recognises that environmental performance is a critical component of our business. Orion is focussed to deliver the highest level of environmental compliance, with commitment to monitor and manage the environmental impacts of our activities. Beyond the life of our operations, Orion wishes to leave the surrounding environmental area to our work sites as sustainable and secure for future generations. As part of our overall environmental management strategy, Orion Minerals:
- Complies with all environmental laws and regulations as a minimum standard.
- Has a strict environmental management programme to guide our operations.
- Ensures all employees understand and adhere to our environmental management program.
- Conducts periodic reviews of our operations to monitor environmental performance.
- Adheres to best practice standards in reporting of environmental incidents.
- Minimises our environmental impact and supports environmental improvement programs of common benefit.
In line with environmental regulations, our Environmental Compliance Reports will be made available after completion of the form below.